Medieval Diary Blog
In this blog you will be keeping a diary of your life in the middle ages. Each of you was assigned a position/profession, century, and country. Your diary entries should reflect the general lifestyle of that person in the time and place. Keep in mind the life of a peasant in the 7th century will be different than the life of a peasant in the 13th century. All other details are up to you (names, family, etc.)
Your first set of five posts is due by midnight on October 4.
Your next set of five posts are due by midnight on October 18.
CP – posts should be two small or one medium-large paragraph.
Honors – posts should be two medium or one very large paragraph.
Posts should demonstrate an understanding of what life was like in the Middle Ages, and the role your fictional person would have played. There are several sources online and I also have several books in my room. I also recommend the Medieval Lives series by Terry Jones (yes of Monty Python).
Hello
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteJáqúe midur
ReplyDeletethis is not French class Brandon
ReplyDeleteDear diary,
ReplyDeleteI am a nun in the 7th century. The best fate for a woman was to become a nun, so I did. Altho I'm learning that it's not all that fun at all. We have to heal and pray for injured soldiers all day. When we are not healing we are praying. I had 5 siblings 3 of them died from the plague. I used to have 3 sisters and 1 brother but now I only have one brother. He is away fighting in the army, he will die sooner or later. The water here tastes like fish, and the food has flies and maggots all over it. I pray to god to make everyday better but he likes to teas me and make everyday worse. Today I had to help the nurse remove a spear from a soldiers chest and when she started pulling it out my hand slipped and moved the spear further in to the soldiers chest and it punctured one of his lungs and then killed him. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!
~Sanashtiagackola the new nun
Although*
DeleteDear diary,
ReplyDeleteToday was worse. I found out that my brother died. He was shot by 30 arrows and then stabbed 4 times with a spear. I knew he was gunna die. I thought that I was gunna find my passion in this whole nun thing but really I'm just killing more people than I can save. I feel like I'm getting depressed and I feel like god has given up on me. I'm really negative, people always tell me to look at the bright side of things but I tried and all I could come up with was they my food didn't have maggots on it today! Oh fun. It's so wonderful here I just love it! What will tomorrow bring!
~Sanashtiagackola the new nun
Gunna is grammatically incorrect
DeleteWow joe
DeleteJournal:
ReplyDelete1177
I am King John from the 13th century. My friends know me as John Lackland, the name kinda fits me well. I am the youngest of 5. My father was King Henry the second of England and my mother was Eleanor of Aquitaine. My brothers failed to rebel so I became my fathers favorite child! I was appointed The Lord of Ireland today (1177) because my orders brothers, William, Henry and Geoffrey died at a young age, I was next in line. I can't wait to see where this bring me.
1199:
Today, King Richard of England has just died and I have received news that I am next in line for the throne. I hope I get to be king and finally rule England instead of the boring "Lord of Ireland." I also hope that I don't start any wars or conflicts with any other countries but only time will tell!!
1204
A couple of years ago, 1202 to be exact, war broke out in France but luckily I was prepared and I have won many but that did not last long. I was short of military sources and my treatment of Norman, Breton, and Anjou resulted in the collapse of the empire in Northern France. I don't know what I'm going to do now but I am going to try and gain my land and people back.
1209
For the past decade I have been trying to regain my land and my people, apparently it isn't working because I've gotten almost nothing back. But I hear my judicial reforms have had a long lasting impact on the English common law system. At least I did something right, sorta. I argued with Pope Innocent the third today and I have learned my lesson not to mess with the Pope because he excommunicated me. I don't know where I'm going now with my life.
Some the past few years have been very busy. I tried to defeat Phillip in the year 1214, that did not work out well at all! I fail because the French victory over my allies at the Battle of Bouvines. Recently, I returned to England to a mob of angry people. They didn't like the way I treated the other nobles. Today we agreed on a peace treaty called Magna Carte. I'm not sure how that is going to play out but I hope it works because I don't like angry people coming towards me, I guess that's why you could say I wasn't a very good king.
Journal
ReplyDeleteYear 1064
Hi my name is Tim-Othy; I am a parish priest in the 11th century. I am currently the oldest priest in the town being 31 years old. I live with my wife and my two children. My wife’s name is Dee- Nice and my two children’s names are A.A. Ron Balakay and Candi. We own a small glebe where we grow our own food like wheat, beans, barley, peas and oats. I own a medium sized house at the top of the burh. I am the head priest of my church. We currently have over four hundred members in my parish.
Year 1066
Today I was hosting a wedding at my church. I was the priest who married a young couple who had been together for eight years. After the wedding I hosted a church. Since they were peasants they ate foods like bread, beans, peas, cheese, and root vegetables. We had red meats but they were not salted properly so they went bad. So I went home and brought back properly salted meats so we could cook them. We had a bunch of mead because this was a special occasion.
Year 1069
Today is a very important day. I must start my church up early. I will be reading from the Gospel of Matthew. After church I will do confessions in the 2nd booth until noon. I will then go to the old school where my dearest friend, Sanashtiagackola, is the best nun there is at teaching. We are going to go over reading and writing skills with the other nuns. After that I will be going house to house praying for the sick. Finally I will be at the king’s castle recording everything that had been done by me on this day.
Year 1070
I am devastated. Half of the kingdom has been conquered by a nearby kingdom ruled by King William I. Now he rules our kingdom. He burned half the village, the marketplace, and a couple of shrubberies that have a little path down the middle. They had killed more than three quarters of the town. My wife Dee-Nice, and my lovely little daughter Candi were executed along with about half of the town’s women, all of the knights, and our beloved king. A. A Ron Balakay and I had gathered around the 2 urns containing the ashes of my wife and daughter and prayed throughout the night.
Year 1073
We are now under a different ruler. His name is King William II. I am in a position where it is hard for me to move. I am very sick and currently dying at 40 years of age. My son, A. A. Ron Balakay is going to take over the church in my position. I will be going around town saying my last prayers and goodbye’s. I love all the people who have been with me all these years. I pray to all the sick, the poor, the desecrated, the wealthy, and to our enemies so that we all may die and relive in the kingdom of God.
Hi, my name is Achlmad. I figured I should record my story for others so I have a journal now. I idiotically chose a traveling entertainer as a profession. This job is all risk and doesn't pay much. I keep trying to get shows at local pubs and whatnot but business isn't doing to well. I do shows for free on the streets of cities hoping for some sort of donation from people that walk by. I travel all over northern Europe and the Ottoman Empire for money. My parents are from Arabia, so I fell like I am constantly persecuted for it everywhere I go. I am still hungry every night. God Help me
ReplyDelete~ Achlmad
ReplyDeleteAnother day, another dollar. Not always true in this business. 5 days later and I'm still barley making enough money to feed myself, let alone feed my new girlfriend. My parents tried to make me marry someone but I ran away. So I met someone new. Her name is Shaniqua. She is unemployed and a bit strict, but means well. We plan to have kids when I make enough money. It isn't looking too good right now though. I try my hardest for her everyday. People just don't seem to like my tricks, singing, or playing of instruments. I am planing to do something different. Something that will pay the bills but bad. Very bad.
~ Achlmad
Hello, my name is Adelina and I am an Italian nun. The convent that I am currently stationed at is has a lot of nice people. When I first became a nun I thought it would be great and all we would have to do is pray. Although, we do pray we have a lot of other chores. We have to cook, clean, grow crops, provide medical care for the community, and a lot of other things. We also get up early which I am not very fond of. As a child I use to love being able to wake up later in the day. The life of a nun is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
ReplyDeleteToday in was not a good day in the convent. I woke up late for morning prayer and Mother Maria was very angry with me. While all the others were outside talking and relaxing Mother Maria had me stay after and wash the dishes that were left over from last night. This isn't the first time that I've over slept either, but usually if I do Sister Ana is there to wake me up. After I finally finished washing all the dishes it was already time for our evening prayer. I had been washing dishes for 3 hours! I guess this is really going to teach me to wake up on time.
ReplyDeleteGreetings may God be with you my name is Father Mathias, our church is a very nice church. The parish is called The Holy Blood of God. We at our church care very much about God but if there is a threat in our community the church has to "take care of it". Whenever a threat does pop up we have a mercenary take care of them but if they are not available or if their price is to high I might have to get my hands dirty. That doesn't happen very often. Our king, King Edwin V is a very holy man. Every week he comes to church for a private mass and is always speaking the word of God. King Edwin V looks out for the church and is very protective of it, every time we're invaded the king always send troops to protect the church and I respect him highly because of it.
ReplyDeleteMy home is right next to the church and it is a very nice home, it holds the children and the "houseguest" and I quit comfortably. We always pray before every meal asking God to forgive our sins. God has affected my family greatly, we were blessed with eight wonderful children who I love very much and my houseguest found God on the journey to this wonderful kingdom, she had fallen down a cliff side but on the way down a black bear caught her leg in his mouth and dragged her back up but sadly the pioneers had stabbed it multiple times and killed the bear, so we thank The Lord for the miracle that he has brought down upon my houseguest.
When I was a young boy my family was very wealthy but my father died when I was only 18 years old and left me all of his wealth, I was in a depression when I heard that our kingdoms priest was dying of an illness so I decided to take my fathers wealth and by my way into priesthood. When I first started out I was a little rusty but I eventually got the hang of it, and now I'm practically a pro at it now if being a priest was a sport. My father was a knight and when he died he left it to me and a cherish it because it's the only thing I have left to remember him by.
In God we trust
Matt Lemire
Hello, my name is Elgonquin. I'm a common town folks man. Life sucks for me. I live in a shack with many dirty animals and the place is unbearable. He only good things I have good going for me are my wife and children. I have 4 children. They help me do my day to day chores. Tommy, the youngest one, lost his leg in the pond when he was playing with the alligators, silly boy. My next oldest, Patrick, sis the smartest one of the pack. He's going to one day be a knight and have his life put together, unlike the rest of my children. Sonya, the second oldest, is somewhat special. She was born without any eyes, so she's kind of useless to us. And mark, the oldest, has ran off and we don't know where he is. My wife, Matilda, is the most beautiful girl there is in the whole town.
ReplyDeleteHahaha
DeleteDear diary,
ReplyDeleteToday Gregory the great became pope. (I don't like him). I think that the church is going to fall now. Also today I feel sick. I threw up 3 times last night. My nose hurts, my head aches, my feet hurt, everything in my body feels dead. It feels like a rat crawled down my throat and ripped threw my intestines and punctured my lungs, and ripped my heart open so that all of the blood filled my body. Then my Lungs got so contested that it felt like all of the blood from my heart was filling them so that I could suffocate. So ya I'm getting sick. Talk to you tomorrow
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteI am a queen of Italy in the 13 century. Right now is the darkest time Italy's history. What is going own right now is possibly the the worst thing I've ever seen. There is so much fighting going on around the country. There are 60 city states that are fighting and my husband the king is really stressing out. Luckily we live in a big castle protected by many knights so we are safe. Well my husband is calling me in for dinner I will write as soon a I get the chance.
Dear diary,
ReplyDeleteToday was an unfortunate day. I was told that I have a fever of 110 degrees. (On the verge of death). I'm sitting here alone in a 5' by 10' room. I am in visioning my life and how far I have gone, (I've gone no where). My life has been pretty boring and stupid. This whole nun thing just topped it off. This is going to be one of my last writings before I die. I love how god has always been there for me -_-
Dear diary,
ReplyDeleteToday is my last day writing in you. My energy level has gone from a 5 out of 10 to a 1out of 10. Today Is my estimated last day to live, HORRAY. Today's note I will reflect on god. GOD thank you for taking care of me, thank you for giving me food with maggots on it, thank you for making the water taste like fish, thank you for killing all of my family members, thank you for letting me kill someone by stabbing his heart, thank you for these long hot days that make the dead bodies smell like human waste mixed with fish guts and just a hit of lavender! Thank you god for giving me the life that I never wished for. HAVE A NICE DAY! Im gunna go die now.
TTYL ~Sanashtiagackola the Dumb nun
Hahahaha
DeleteDear journal,
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS BY FAR THE WORST DAY. Battle have reached the castle we are trying everything we can to fight off all the rebels. We are pouring any hot thing we have on them. We are shooting arrows launching boulders anything we can find to fend them off. I feel like this is where it's going to end. We are really feeling the pressure, if this doesn't clear up soon this might be my last journal entry. Hold on a second... they are retreating we have won this battle. Well I need to go celebrate with the guys talk to you soon!
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteOk now that the madness is over I shall teach tell a little about myself I was born in 1206 on a remote country side and at the age of 2 I was put in a basket and put in a river. I floated all the way form Tuscany down to the Kingdom of Sicily. I was found by a royal family and was raised in a wealthy house I later went on to marry my second cousin who ended up being the king. I am now 30 years old and my husband just turned 47. Just recently our kingdom has been struggling but I feel like things are about to change for the better. That is a little about me, I will write again soon!
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteToday marks the 10th anniversary of my husband and I's promotion to king and queen. So today we are have a huge feast and having some very special guess. We are expecting up to 10,000 guests today. We are the best king and queen Italy has ever seen I'm sure. Just because people aren't getting along its not like it our problem that people aren't getting along right? Jeez sometimes I feel like we should be to blame but then I realized that's preposterous! Well I need to go set the table of our 10,000 guest! Talk to you in a bit!
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteOUR CELEBRATION WAS RAIDED! At least 100,000 rebels broke down our door and stored the castle I am hiding in the secret room behind the book shelf in our sleeping quarters. My husband and I ran in here in a last ditch effort to escape the rebels. We are pretty sure all our guest have either been killed or captured. We were so lucky to get away. We are confident that they will not find us in here but the problem is how long will we have to stay in here. The room were in is only about a 5 x 8 room and it is almost pitch black. The only light we have is through a tiny peephole and that is how I am writing this right now. Well my husband is getting mad at me because all I do is " write in my stupid journal" god he can be so ignorant some time. I'll write again soon!
Hello, my name is Laelia Griffin, but you can call me L. Griffin for short. My official ranking is noblewoman, but only because I am the spouse of a nobleman. I need no title other than Mrs. I am living in the house of a peasant, who lent us their property, until our new castle is finished in a few days. The king and queen have trusted us with this new plot of land, which we are building this castle on, to watch over and it is all too overwhelming for my husband and I. There is only one thing left to say, “Let this new journey begin.”
ReplyDeleteThe peasants finished building our castle today and I can't wait to move in. This peasant that lent us their house was very generous, but I have no idea where they reside now. We're already packing our things and moving out today. Our knights and horses are outside ready to takes us away. I can't express how grateful am that the queen recognized us with this land to rule. I hope it's the same as our last land. No wait, I hope it's better!
We just arrived and the place is AMAZING! The house is so much bigger than our last castle. The king and queen came here to greet and welcome us to our new land. As all of the peasants that built the castle were leaving, I couldn't help but think about what a great life they just made for us and that they were willing to go back to the crummy life style they had just left behind, before all of this. I think we will have to do something for them, like a holiday. The notices are posted throughout town to say which days families will be harvesting the crops from our new land, and which families will be giving us some of their own crops. We will be giving them one-tenth of the crops they harvest from our land, which they can split among themselves. It's kind of a sad lifestyle to be one of the peasants.
Everything is running smoothly, other than the attacks. Raiders keep targeting us for supplies and food. The procedure for one of these attacks is as follows: everyone on our plot of land is brought within our castle walls and the knights go out to shoo the attackers off. The Raiders usually leave after two or three attempts to get inside. We are very fortified and safe here. I am concerned that these peasants look more sad everyday. We really need to do something for them.
We've invited all of the peasants inside the wall for a wonderful dinner with the nobles, as I like to call it. They are just arriving now and they are wearing their best attire, granted, that's still not as good as our sleeping wear. They are walking in the castle with smiles on their faces! That is unheard of in this village! They are sitting down now and I can tell, as we say grace, that this is going to be great.
I saw someone die today. A young kid with a disease that I didn't know died during one of my magic shows. Many blamed me. Many thought I was satan. Cursing the boy. I later found out it was food poison. A man was put on trial for murder of that young kid. They found a ton of money in his house for doing the murder. There are many of these cases going around. This could be my way out.
ReplyDelete~Achlmad
Dear Journal,
ReplyDeleteName is Anna Maria of Italy. I am 16 years old and the wife of the king of Italy. We were married last year for political reasons. He wants a son but because we have been at war recently we have not had time. My father is a king in England he was in a battle with Italy and made the decision that the only way to bring peace was to send me to Italy.
The king is a very nice man, but I do not love him. He is 40 years old and had 4 wives before me who have all passed. I am the youngest of all his wives. I was originally going to marry the king of France. I had met him once and he was very kind to me, not that the king of Italy isn't kind he was just more caring of me. When the war wouldn't stop my father had to chose to send me to France or potentially lose his country, and he couldn't let that happen. I wish I could make my own choices.
Anna Marie
Dear Journal,
I just arrived home from a long trip. We went to the kingdom of Hungary to work on a peace treaty. On the way there we had a few difficulties.The wheel of our carriage broke of after we hit a rock and stopped our caravan of knights and horses. We had no replacement with us so one of the knights had to ride to the nearest town and they did not have one but could make one in 2 days. We rode on horseback to the town where The Lord of the land let us stay in his castle.
When the wheel was made and we were back on the road we had to move faster if we wanted to make it to Hungary in time. When we finally got there the horses were exhausted and we were tired of traveling. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed with gifts. We were shown our room and the servants unpacked our belongings. The night of our arrival we attended a ball in our honor. The kings talked and I got to meet the queen of Hungary, Arabella. She was originally from Italy herself and she told me all about it and the places I should visit.
As soon as the peace treaty was signed we were on our way home. The trip back was slightly shorter but still just as tiring. I got to see some lands I had never seen before and we stopped at some of the places suggested by Arabella. As soon as we got home things went back to normal but I had a wonderful trip.
Anna Marie
Today I woke up nice and early so that I was not late for morning prayer. After morning prayer Mother Maria gave me a letter and said it was from my family. This surprised me because after I told my mother and father that I was going to become a nun they stopped talking to me. I belonged to an aristocratic family that was very rich. In fact, at one point my father held power as one of the rulers of Italy. I had a younger sister, and two older brothers. My brothers followed in the footsteps of my father. The letter was from my Mother. I was excited to open it but at the same time scared because I hadn't heard from my mother in so long. What could it possibly say?
ReplyDeleteI opened the letter and it read:
ReplyDeleteDear Adelina,
I know we haven't talked in years but as your mother I thought I would let you know that your father was killed fighting for power over the Empire. He died bravely and will be missed greatly by the family. I hope you know that even though your father and I did not agree with the idea of you becoming a nun, he still loved you very much and so do I. I hope we get to see each other sometime soon.
Love,
Juliana
Although it was bad news about my father I was so relieved to know that my mother and father still loved me. Before I went to bed that night I prayed for my family, and also wrote a letter to send back to my mother to tell her how things were going and that I loved her back.
ReplyDeleteMy entertainment is still struggling. I travel everywhere and no one likes me. I made up my mind of being a hit-man. I don't know if I should tell Shaniqua. She has won my heart. The kind of job I will be doing will ruin everything between her and me. This is a huge lie. But I did it. I got an assignment and killed a man named Joseph. No one caught me though. And I got good money doing that. This isn't that bad after all. God, don't let Shanqua find out.
~Achlmad
Dear diary,
ReplyDeleteThis is Herold styne, the number one theatre performer in the 13th century. I've been in many theatre performances throughout my lifetime. If I remember correctly, I've been in about 500 shows since I started performing. My parents use to tell me that I'd always be singing and dancing throughout the house when I was just a little boy. Probably around the age of 5 or so.
My family is big into theatre and drama. My father, King Lionide the third was the number one theatre performer in the 9th century. My brother Darius Lionide also performs, as well as my sister Delia. I am the oldest of four. Camila is only 3 and has just began to walk and is able to mumble words. Unfortunately, Camila never had the chance to meet father. We hate knowing she has to live life wondering what type of father she once had. When she is old enough to understand, my kingdom and family will make sure to tell her how great of a man he was.
My father died a few years ago from being stabbed repeatedly 10 times, on numerous parts of his body. The man who killed my father was his long time theatre partner, Peter Longo. Peter grew distant from my father because of the wealth, popularity, and fame he was gaining from his kingdom. He became very jealous of King Lionide and met his breaking point. Peter worked just as hard and got almost no credit for his work. Peter was later executed for his sin.
I took my fathers reign and am now the number one theatre performer in my kingdom. After the theatre monopolies were abolished in 1791, melodrama became the most popular theatrical form. This form of theatre became popular during the French Revolution. Melodrama became extremely popular and began to be brought into larger audiences than the state-sponsored drama and operas. It was often described as rhythmically spoken words, more like poetry—not sung.
Although my heart will always have a passion for theatrical entertainment, i have recently decided to try some new form of entertainment. These being chariot races, horse races, foot races, combat of animals, and skill of strength and agility. Similar to the Middle Ages entertainment. I've recently thought of new ideas for my shows. Hopefully you will all come and witness these new shows soon!
Whenever one of the sisters has a family member that has passed away we always have a mass for that person, so today we had a mass for my father. I didn't really know him that well because I left to become a nun when I was 15. All I remember is that he was always off at war because at the time he was a knight. My two older brothers also became knights. I remember seeing them go off to training when they were only seven. I was five so I didn't really know what was going on. The last memory I have of my father is when I told him I wanted to become a nun and he was angry at me.
ReplyDeleteDear diary,
ReplyDeleteI am an outlaw in the thirteenth century. My name is Henrique. Today I ran out of food so I had to go to this random peasants farm to steal food. It's hard to have to steal almost all of my food. I wish I didn't do what I do but I have to, to stay alive. Earlier this month the local sheriff tried catching me after I stole a horse. I was riding on the horse down the street and I looked behind me and he was running after me.
Dear diary,
It has been a month since my last diary post. This last month has been tough. All the peasants and nobles have been looking for me. They caught on that I was stealing all the food from them. I've been starving for about two days now and I'm on my way to steal from the farm. I think I'm going to steal some carrots. Well I have to go now to go get those carrots I will put another diary post up in a couple of weeks.
Dear diary,
It's been 2 weeks since my last post. Things have gotten better now. They stopped watching for me so now I'm able to steal whatever. Like yesterday I stole a pan from a noble. I used the pan to get 10 carrots. It was definitely worth it because I was really hungry and I didn't have time to go steal from someone. It really worked out that I had the pan that I stole or I would not have had food.
Dear diary,
It's been a month since my last post. I have been doing excellent. I've been able to steal so much food and goods. It's been really easy now that the local sherif had gotten sick. It's really simple I can walk into the farms and just take the food. No one tries to stop me. I'll keep all of you updated later I got to go.
Dear diary,
This will probably be my last post. I've been living the life. I have stolen enough food for me to live about 3 months. I've been just hiding out in my lil house I built. I built this house out of all the goods I got. I've traded a lot of the goods for money. The money's really came in handy. Now I can buy some food instead of stealing it all. While I have to go this is my last post so keep well and I'll update you later.
I could be the best hit-man around Europe. I'm making so much money that I bought a big house! It has 4 rooms! Now Saniqua and I can have a kid. The money is sweet, but it comes at a cost. I have sleepless nights and Shaniqua is getting suspicious. It is inhuman what I am doing. Very against Muhammad. I myself am getting scared of getting caught. I can't do this much longer though. The pain in people's eyes when I kill them is too much to handle. But the money is right and I'm living the good life. I'm not sure what to do. Should I ask my beautiful girlfriend?
ReplyDelete~Achlmad
Priest log 2, it is a dark day for this kingdom, a couple of masked mercenary's broke into our kingdom and slaughtered many of our citizens, I had to give the citizens there last blessings before they were buried . The king wanted to send a counter attack on the kingdom that attacked our kingdom. I tried telling him to just let it pass but he insisted on sending an attack.
ReplyDeleteHe sent his attack but it was unsuccessful, he lost most of his men and they had to retreat. The king expects that kingdom to attack so he's putting up heavier defenses around the kingdom. I just hope my children and my house guest will survive the next attack.
Peace within all of you
Mac daddy Matt
Hello diary. Boy do I have stories for you. Me and my wife are now in a fight because I ate the last chicken and I told her if she was a better cook, we wouldn't have to worry about this. But as we all know, woman can't cook. So that's my fault. My youngest son, the one without a leg, has finally slayed the gator that took his leg and cut it's head off as a trophy as a reminder of the accomplishment and hung it up over his bed of hay. I'm such a proud father. My blind daughter fell in a well because she couldn't see and we spent half the day getting her out, it was tough because everytime we dropped the bucket, she couldn't see and it hit her in the head. I could not stop laughing, it was one of those moments those young squires say these day, something like "Yolo" I believe. It was a good day to, because I finally got to meet the pope and had him use my own PERSONAL quill to sign his name in my diary. Was an unforgettable day in the town for me. And our fourth son has yet to be found.
ReplyDeleteHello, my name is Peter and I am a French crusader. I am 22 years old and I live with my wife and one kid. My wife's name is Luis and my sons name is stewie. My wife is very helpful with our son and does a lot of cleaning and cooking when I'm not home. The town I live in is very small and has about 30 houses. I live very close to the main part of out town so it's easy to all of the food and supplies.
ReplyDeleteEvery morning I get up and go to my training to be come crusader. I currently have gone through all the training and am now a crusader.The training was very intense but help me to become more of a man. Growing up I was taught to hate the Muslims and now I am honored but be able to fight for my nation against them. Growing up church was a big part of me and still.
Before I decided to become a crusader I wanted to become a priest. Both my parents were really holy and they also wanted me to be involved with the church. What changed my mind was when I heard about all the heroic stories from people in battle and decided I want to be one of those people. My parents were supportive of my decision and wished me the best with my training.
The first time I was in battle was during the second crusade. The second Crusade was right after relatively peaceful time were us Christians co-existed with Muslims. Going into battled I was a little scared but I knew I was fighting for a good reason and I did want to become a hero and be remember by my friends and family. We traveled far to Damascus but our attack never happened, and we returned home with no result.
When I was traveling back home I was kind of relieved that I didn't have to engage in battle and I was eager to see my wife and son again. But I knee that eventually that I would be in battle and that it probably be soon. The traveling was really tiring and I was hungry most of the time. I tried to think about what's waiting for me back home and got through it. I made it back home safety and got to see my family and friends once again
When I made it home I was able to see my family and friends but my time home didn’t last long. I got a letter ten days later saying that I would be fighting in the third crusade. All my friends and family where very up set that I would be leaving them and going off to battle. The letter told me that Saladin captured Jerusalem had unified Syria and Egypt also making excellent military leader.
DeleteI later figured out that I was one of the fifteen thousand soldiers that would be going off to fight. I knew that we couldn’t cross the Mediterranean sea so we would march by Land crossing through the Bosporus into Asia Minor. I wasn’t looking forward to walking this far and at this point in my life I was getting really old, I wasn’t sure if I would make it all the way.
A couple days later we had to leave and I had to say my goodbyes to all my family and friends. One of my best friends named john was also coming on this journey with me. We were just about to leave when there was a announcement that the journey would be long and difficult and that some of our older soldiers wouldn’t make it back.
We did eventually leave and I said by to everyone thinking that that would be the last time I ever see them. About 10 days after we left I really started to regret coming, I didn’t know how long I would make it through. I started to become ill and I was egger to get to battle and hopefully if I was lucky I would be able to see my family again.
After 48 days of traveling we finally reached were we would be fighting, all of our guy were lined up and in comparison to our enemies we looked pretty good. As I charged at the enemy I got filled with adrenaline and I didn’t care about anything else, I had my weapon in my hand and I stuck my enemy, killing him. I killed two other people before being hit in the head and knocked out and I later was killed when an enemy saw me lying there helplessly
Salutations diary, it's a grieving day in the town for me. I finally found out I have no fourth son, it was all a lie my wife told me. She's a jokester. Me and my family have had fun the past few days at church, we got to actually sit down and talk to the pope and got to know what it's like being one. It's kind of hard giving up everything you love for God, always praying to him, teaching about him and why he's important to our day to day lives. I can barely get through the masses without cracking a joke about how funny the pope looks with his bald head. I give him full respect and applaud him. We also got to meet a few nuns by the way, and I thought one of them could be my great grandmothers grandmother, let me tell you, you have not seen wrinkles until you've seen this woman. Me and my wife are better now over the chicken, and I've been paying loyalty to my king. Other than the fact that my wife lied to me about my fourth son, it's been pretty swell.
ReplyDeleteDear diary, I have saved enough money to send my son to school. He'll be starting in a couple days, I couldn't be more proud, I just wish the kids wood stop looking at his wooden peg leg I made him, and as a joke I carved in "daddy's boy" in the back so he wouldn't see. Im a jokester. We can't send my daughter to school because she's blind and that'd be useless to send her. She recently mistaken the fire pit for her bed and let me tell you, did she fell crispy after. She's in her actual bed resting after the doctor visited her, she'll be fine, she just needs to suck it up. She'll be a fine cook someday, if she can actually put in the right ingredients and not mistaken it for goose poop. But anyways I was late on paying my loyalty to the king so I don't know what's going to be happening. I'm just hoping it'll be ok and he'll understand. May God be with us.
ReplyDeleteDear diary, this is my last entry. The king found out I didn't pay my loyalty to him and has sent a warrant out for me. I was supposed to be executed today but ran off. They've killed my wife and son and my daughter. I'm all alone now. No one to help me or guide me. I pray to God that he can help me get out of this situation. All I have is a stick to protect me. I've fended off a few squirrels with it, I don't know how good it'll do against the enemy, I'm a man of my own, going against the world. This is my last journal entry and I bid you farewell...
ReplyDeleteDear diary,
ReplyDeleteI've been training for the new form of entertainment I've recently taken up on. It's been 2 months since my last theatrical performance. I'm very excited to share my new talent with my kingdom. When I brought up the subject of my new talent to my kingdom, they were shocked. Many were thrilled about it, while others were disappointed.
I would now like to dwell on my first chariot racing experience. First I'll give you a little background information and explain to you what it is. Chariot racing is one of the most important equestrian events. The chariot racing event was first added to the Olympics in 680 BC. Each chariot is pulled by four horses. Chariot racing was one of the most popular Ancient Greek, Roman, and Byzantine sports. They were very dangerous races. Usually, the driver and horse become injured throughout the race. Chariot race teams were based on their social status.
Ancient roman chariot races were held in the circus, such as the circus Maximus. The charioteers wore leather helmets, knee pads and shin pads. Their colored tunics with sleeves were called "vestis quadrigaria." The start to a race was sounded by trumpets. The winning charioteers could make quite a monetary fortune. Although I already make as much, the extra fortune can help with building new coliseums for the races and events that go on everyday.
I recently had a custom coliseum created in my honor with the pure intent of chariot races. I was racing against a gladiator. I have trained for this for almost 3 months now. I am ready. I rode my chariot out onto the track. I saw my opponent at the other end of the coliseum. We readied our weapons, and approached a crowd cheering loud in anticipation.
We both know well that this could be our last day to live. We also know that the objective is to trap the other with a net and poise to kill the opponent with a three-pronged trident (spear). We're both very eager to start. The loud rush of the flamboyant crowd is raising my adrenaline at a rapid speed. In this moment, all I can think about is the quantity in respect and fame I will gain, once I win.
Journal:
ReplyDelete1189
It's been a rough few years and things are finally starting to get back in the swing of things. In September of this year, my brother Richard became king. He became king after he declared his intention to join the Third Crusade. Right before then, I had married my beautiful wife Isabel of Gloucester, who was actually far more wealthy then I. And surprising, I was named the Count of Mortain and was given valuable land in Lancaster and many other famous countries.
1189
My brother Richard retained control in most countries. This prevented me from trying to get too much military or political power. This did not make me very happy because I feel like I could be a better King then he is but you can't get everything you want. And then, what do you know, Richard names the four-year-old Arthur of Brittany as the heir of the throne. I am very angry at him now.
1192
I haven't visited England in the past three years because I have been so angry at my brother. But while I was gone, I also gave Richard valuable time to get ready for the Third Crusade and he could return to Levant without fearing that I would seize power. Then finally, Eleanor convinced Richard to let me back into England while he was gone in case anything happened.
1192
Since Richard left, the political situation of England became to do extremely downhill. Even myself, I had become so unpopular I decided to make myself an alternative ruler with my own royal court. I was thinking to myself that maybe if I started with being an alternate ruler, then maybe being will I will take my throne back from my brother.
1193
Today, I began to explore an alliance with King Phillip the Second once he came back from the Crusade. Although, my mommy told me that I should not pursue an alliance and I have no idea why, I'm trying to get my throne back. One day, the Crusade my brother was in returned but my brother never came back so all of us believed that he was either dead or got extremely lost. But I set out and found him after one year of traveling. Richard eventually forgave me and and gave me all his land except for Ireland. I am glad that Richard and I are good brothers and good friends now, and I am happy with my life.
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteSorry it has been so long I completely forgot I had a journal. I have been so busy rebuilding the castle. Thank God the rebels did not find us in the secret room we were hiding in. They destroyed everything and when I say everything, I mean everything. Thank God they did not burn it down or else we would have been dead for sure! But they finally left our castle after four days of destruction. We have nothing now no food, no possessions, and no money. Well I have to go ill get back to you soon.
“I thought that dinner was horrible! They all eat like pigs”! Before I was halfway done most of them were asking for more, as if it grew on trees. No wonder they're so poor if they eat like that. They never stopped eating! The children especially have no idea how to behave in front of their nobles. I will have to make sure this type of event will never happen again.
ReplyDeleteMy husband is off to war with the rest of the army. The raiders have been getting more and more offensive and powerful, and now we figured out why. The Docart clan was funding the raiders to steal our riches. Well my husband is going to put a stop to that once and for all. The war should last little more than a month because we will crush the opposition easily, and when we win, we might move again. It would be nice to move to the conquered castle to get away from these peasants.
It's been three months and I am worried sick. I have no news from the front or anyone else since my husband left for battle. The waiting puts me through unbearable pain. Many things around the house are different without his presence. It's a lot more quiet without him here next to me. I miss him a lot. As every day goes by I keep realizing more and more the possibility that this castle will always remain this quiet, and he may never return.
He is dead. Word spread like a wildfire once his body was carried though the streets from the entrance of town to the graveyard in the rear of the village. The word eventually reached my door and, well, I was devastated. The one person who had been with me through thick and thin, when things were good, and when they couldn't get worse, was gone. We built this life together, as a family, and now there id only one remaining, me, to carry the torch. Wish me luck.
The raiders learned about the death of my husband as soon as we did, so they took the opportunity of our retreat to the funeral to advance to our front door step. I posted 25 knights at the front gate to stop any invaders. All of them are dead. The peasants fled into my castle walls for safety and protection from the raiders. We are safe inside the roofed part of the castle for now. Their burning projectiles are coming over the wall marking another assault for many peasants. The constant banging on the door that is about to break doesn't help the situation. The door is about to give way, five, four, three, two... One? One more bang before the door breaks, but the banging stopped. We think they have given up and disaster will avoid us, but our hopes are crushed when the door is set ablaze. Their knives are cutting my townspeople now with the speed and efficiency of a starving farmer before the winter chill kills all of his crops. I run to the northwest tower and attempt to hide. I hear banging from behind me on the stairs leading to my location. I get to the top and lock the door. The banging begins. I only have seconds before they kill me, too. So I decide to do the one option I have left... Jump.
Well, I'm going to hell. I've killed so many people. I still can't sleep, especially since I got that one offer. The offer of a life time. I just can't bring myself to do it. This women wants me to kill Shaniqua. Supposivly, Shaniqua stole this women's man in her earlier years. But this women is offering me so much money. More then a years worth of entertaining. Which by the way is flourishing in business. People are getting so board that they keep hiring me. I know I have a good way to kill my beloved without getting caught but she is still pregnant. Almost 7 months. I just can't do it though.
ReplyDelete~Achlmad
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteOur castle is finally rebuilt, things are starting to get back to normal. We are having company over to come up with a plan to strike back against the rebels. I am making a huge dinner to serve 50 of the most important people in all of Italy. I need everything to be cooked perfect is I make a mistake then I'm sure these snotty people will have a problem with me. Well the stove is on fire some have to go. Talk soon
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteThere is word that the rebels are having a meeting at town hall, we are going to raid the meeting and make those people pay for what they have done to our castle. We will kill and torture anyone we see, we will crush them and show them the scum they really are. I need to calm down, I am just furious with the rebels. I hope all our men are safe when they raid the meeting. I am praying to God there isn't an ambush because that would just be terrible. So many lives would be lost. Talk to you soon.
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteI've just received word that the attack was a success. I'm so glad the rebels are paying for what they have done. We are having a huge celebration party tonight to celebrate the death of our enemy's. Hundreds and hundreds of guests are coming over so I really need to neaten the place up. I am dusting and cleaning everything. Everything needs to be spotless to show what an amazing queen I am. And how great of a wife I am. Well my husband wants me to try on a new dress I write back after the party!
DEAR JOURNAL,
ReplyDeleteIT HAPPENED AGIAN. our celebration was ambushed by rebels! I cannot believe they could pull this off! Why have we let our guard down again we are no longer in the castle, we are now on the run and hiding in the woods. I just remembered to grab my journal on the way out. I am sad to tell you this but this may be the last time I write in my journal, this is a really hard time for me everything is falling apart. My husband is nowhere to be found and I am alone and freezing. I need to find shelter quick or else I may die. Well it was good writing my feelings out good bye!
I have been a nun at this convent for 13 years now. This is a tough decision for me but I think I might be leaving the convent. After the emotional letter I received from my mother I feel that I should straighten things out with her. After our morning prayer I pulled Mother Maria over to talk to her about it. She was very surprised because she knew that I didn't talk to my family very often. However, I felt that after the death of my father I needed to go home. This was a very hard decision for me because my friends at the convent are also like my family.
ReplyDeleteI decided before I left that I would write another letter to my mom to tell her that I was going to come home. I told her that I wanted to come home because after what happened to father I felt that I needed to straighten things out with her. I also told her that I had been praying for father and the rest of the family. I gave the letter to Mother Maria so that she could mail it for me. I hope that my mother gets it soon because I don't want everyone to be upset with me for to long.
ReplyDeleteToday was actually not a sad day. After prayer Mother Maria decided that everyone was going to have a big party for me. Although many of them wish I was staying they were very understanding about me leaving. There were a lot of desserts and a lot of food. To be honest I think this is the most fun I have had at the convent. After this all the sisters and mothers said a prayer over me and then Maria pulled me over and gave me some rosary beads. She told me to use them on my journey for tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteFinally today was the big day I packed up all my belongings, which wasn't much because you can't really bring to much with you to the convent. I came down for one last morning prayer with my sisters. It was very emotional for everyone, especially me. After that was over everyone said another prayer over me and we said our good byes. I was going to be walking home so it was a long journey. 15 miles, probably the furthest I've ever walked in my life. After all the prayers that everyone said over me I knew that I didn't have to worry about any dangers on my journey, God would protect me.
ReplyDeleteI started walking early in the morning so I would get back to my home by mid-day. Unfortunately while I was walking it started raining... then pouring. I also saw a lot of strange people. I really wish I could have taken a horse or something more efficient, but the walk was a good experience. When I was about a mile from home I saw a lot of familiar faces and places. I finally reached my house and I was very nervous to see my mother. I knocked on the door with uncertainty. Thankfully, my mother opened the door with a smiling face.
ReplyDeleteDear journal,
ReplyDeleteIt was three o'clock In the morning when I heard screams. I rose from my bed, startled. As wondered to my balcony I chocked on thick black smoke from the town below. Glancing over the town in the flames I spotted ships in the river below. I suddenly realized the ships only meant one thing Vikings.
I hear the muted screams of the towns people below and in the hallways, "Vikings Vikings!". I dash out of my bees room into the hallway searching in every direction trying to find the door to the kings bedroom. I am still half asleep at this point. Viking attracts are almost Un heard of nowadays, we were unprepared.
Everyone is in panic, frantically trying to protect themselves, there belongings, and there home. I have no plans of what to do. I then decide I need to find the king, he will know what to do. I find myself lost in my own castle forgetting where his room is I rush into many rooms to find servants hiding, and some servants who took there own lives.
I eventually make my way to the kinds room to find him and all of the riches he keeps in there gone. Everything is turned over and destroyed. I can't look anymore. I run back to my own room to find it in the same state. I look out my window once more and find that the Vikings have yet to reach the castle. I look to the forest to see servants of the castle running off with our possessions. Before I have time to become upset with them a Viking comes out of nowhere and takes the treasures and there lives from them.
The Vikings are slowly making there way to the castle now. The king is going to do his best to fend them off but I was told to hide. I am currently in a small crawl space in the kitchen. I can hear the battles continuing in the entrance hall. This might be my last entry for I fear they will find me. This is goodbye.
Anna Marie
Dear diary,
ReplyDeleteToday I am alive happily. the sisters help the doctors heal me. The doctor just shoved some type of red fruit down my throat and I was feeling better this morning. I'm am starting to walk again but the sickness that I had stopped the blood from flowing into my left arm so they are going to have to cut it off soon. It's red and black and it shrank so now it's all wrinkly. We'll wish me luck!
Dear diary
Today I am going into the operating room where the doctors will cut off my arm. They will have to use a flat piece of quarts and a bolder to cut it off. First they will have one of the nuns hold the quarts on my arm then the doctor will take the bolder and drop it on the quarts so that the stone will slice threw my arm quick but pain full.
Dear diary,
Today they sliced off my arm, but all didn't go well. First the quarts wasn't sharp, so it sliced threw my arm but in a crushing way. Then the first time they dropped the bolder on my hand not my arm. Then the next time the bolder did hit the quarts but it shattered so here I am with a big slice in my arm and now they can't cut the rest until they get more quarts. The next delivery is in a month.
Dear diary,
Today was painful the cut in my arm is getting infected it is turning black now. Every night I pray that the flies don't come and lay their maggot eggs in my cut. The mosquitoes love me. My arm throbs everyday all day.
Sometimes I just want to cut it off myself hopefully this month passes quick.
Dear diary,
Today is the day the delivery came in and I am ready to get this thing cut off. The nuns told me that I will have to wait for mid day to come because they need to set up the stones. I'm so happy to cut this thing off. Then I will be able to go back to the temple to pray with the sisters.
Dear diary,
ReplyDeleteIt's been about two months since my last post. It's been a really hard two months. I've been scraping for food. All the money I made after stealing those goods has faded away. I honestly don't know how I spent all that money in two months. I'm starting to do a little but better but not munch. Ill post again soon to keep you guys updated.
Dear diary,
It's only been about three days since last post. Life has been easing up for me. I have plenty of food for myself. I've also found a fellow thief to work with. His name is Josh. He is really good at sneaking around which helps me out a lot. If it wasn't for him I don't know how much food I would have.
Dear diary,
My life is turning out to be really easy now. Josh has taught me some tips for a easier way to steal food and goods. I just stole about the most good I have ever stolen at once. His techniques are amazing and always work. I don't know what my life would be if I didn't meet him. Now that I have all this food I'm going to eat. Ill post another blog soon.
Dear diary,
It's been about a week now since my last post. This last week has been crazy though. I stole about ten brand new carpets. These carpets will really come in handy now that it's the winter and it's starting o get a little colder. I still have a lot of left over food from last week. The food was perfect. It was the best tasting food I have ever had. Now that I'm thinking about it I am hungry. Ill post a little later tho it's getting late and I need to get to bed.
Dear diary,
This is going to be my last post. I've been struggling lately. I've been getting really sick. The doctor said I have about a week if that left. I'm spending this last week with my family. I can't believe how sad my family is. Well my time has come bye everyone.
Hello again it's Father Mattias, thing have been rough since the last time I've wrote to you. Our kingdom was raided by a neighboring Kingdom, so I had to run away from it all, I had to leave my family. I am now living in the woods living of off small woodland creatures and acorns. So far I haven't seen much only trees and a few animals. I have been trying to make shelter but I haven't had any luck, it either isn't sturdy or was to small.
ReplyDeleteI saw smoke on the horizon today, I'm hoping its another kingdom or maybe a burgher. I thing I might have influenza. Haven't been feeling well and I have been puking a lot. I was finally able to build a shelter it isn't much but its a roof over my head, but still no fire, nights are cold and I have to eat everything raw.
I have arrived to where I saw the smoke, it was a farmer, he is a very kind man he has diagnosed me with food poisoning and he said I would live. I found out that his name is Sheldon, he has 2 daughters. His wife sadly died 2 years ago from a small barn fire,I said a beautiful prayer for her. It goes like Our father who art in heaven hallow be thy name thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven give us this day our Dailey bread bad forgive us our trespasses and lead us not into temptation.
Sheldon agreed that I would work to earn my way around here. He's making me clean the chicken pen and clean up after the cows. It is hard work but it's an honest living. I think I like it here Im not sure yet I haven't been here long enough but the people here are very nice I think I might stay but Im thinking about my family to much. The farmer is letting me leave and come back to check on my family but sadly he won't let my family stay.
I am off to the old kingdom to check on my family. I haven't heard from them in awhile I'm worried something might have happened to them. I've been hearing a lot of noise in the woods I think maybe something is following me but that is highly unlikely The Lord always looks over priests in the land. I was wrong there is a group of wolves around me stalking me I don't think I'm going to be able to make it back to the kingdom if anyone finds this please throw away this journal I don't like the way it matches my clothes.
Wow! What a performance by yours truly! I made almost half of what I made last year in one show! I did my performance center stage in Greece. My music carrier is taking off. On my side job, I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna kill Shaniqua. I did some calculating and I will be able to retire after I complete this task. The plus side, it that Shaniqua is getting seriously ill. Her skin is bubbling. This disease is known to kill. I will wait until the last second.
ReplyDelete~Achlmad
I killed something. The audience that is! This playhouse is paying me three weeks in advance if I preform twice a week. But I have to move on after. For the dead I did, I would get the same punishment. I killed my wife. We got married before. I saw that she was recovering from the illness so I just did it right there. I felt no pain after. I don't care if that isn't normal. I made so much money I don't need this entertaining job. If ant write how I killed her till I leave town. So I will finish the three week gig then I'm running.
ReplyDelete~Achlmad
I killed my wife. In my latest show! I'm such a good singer and performer in general. Maybe I won't have to end her life. I have enough money to retire. My card tricks and singing has improved so much I will have a job everywhere I go. I don't get tomatoed anymore! You know what. My wife is really annoying.
ReplyDelete~Achlmad
I stabbed my wife. She was so annoying! Not going to lie, it felt good for two days. But then I felt like crap, so I jumped off a water transport thing the Greeks built. During the fall, I saw a man in a white rope and long hair. He froze time and asked me if I regretted jumping. I first asked if my wife went to heaven and where I was going. He told me I was going to hell and Shaniqua went to heaven. So I answered him no I do t regret jumping. So this man said he would let me finish my journal then I was going to hell. So now I'm dead
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete